Saturday, September 7, 2013

1st Day of School



I'm here! I'm finally here!

(I just HAD to take a first day of school picture, it's too much of a tradition)

After waiting, planning, and saving for 6 months I'm officially moved in and starting my graduate program. I've been absolutely lost, a little nervous, and more than overwhelmed by it all these new changes, but overall I'm very excited and thrilled to be here!

We had an orientation with all the other Psychology Graduate Students and received a brief download of the next four years. They actually are trying out a brand new academic plan for us starting this year, that has us working on our dissertation credits right from first semester! They sure don't ease you slowly into the program, and that's good!

My roommates are the best, I totally lucked out with the apartment, I've moved into my office, talked with Dr. Mona Hopkins, and already have homework, reading assignments, and presentations scheduled.

One thing's for sure, this ain't college anymore. This is a whole new level of learning and expectation.
I'll just take one day at a time. I have a feeling that these four years are going to fly and i'm gonna look back at these years with a certain fondness (Then again, with all this stress, I'm sure i'll be glad they're over with!). It'll be fun.

I know that this is where the Lord wants me to be. I'm going to charge forth and enjoy every minute i have here.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment